Heriot Watt University - Dubai
|Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
Heriot Watt University was ranked 20th in the United Kingdom by the Guardian University League Table in 2012 and is the eighth oldest higher education institution in Britain. Awarded Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012 by the Sunday Times, the university opened its first overseas campus in Dubai in 2005. Since then Heriot Watt has moved to a larger space in the Academic City where it boasts a fully-fledged campus, equipped with state-of-the-art facilities that can accommodate up to 4,500 students.
Currently offering a diverse range of programs in business, engineering, information technology, fashion design and psychology, Heriot Watt aims to offer the same exceptional standards of teaching and excellence for which it is widely reputed in the UK to students in the UAE.
Equipped with a well-stocked library, advanced IT services and a range of other services and facilities, the university’s purpose-built campus in the Academic City ensures its students have access to every assistance and amenity they require for a first-rate, convenient educational experience.
Heriot Watt Dubai’s distinguished faculty are at the heart of its successful educational strategies, which continue to attract talented students from the region and help its rapid development as one of the leading higher education providers in the country. In addition to their vast experience in teaching and industry, the faculty’s vast network of connections offer students opportunities to benefit from widespread industry experience and research internships conducted by leading professionals and experts in the region.
All programs and degrees offered by Heriot Watt Dubai are accredited by the Royal Charter in the UK, as is the university’s main campus in Edinburgh.
- The MSc in Facilities Management is fully accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the British Institute of Facilities Management.
Services And Facilities
- IT and audio-visual facilities
- Computer Lab
- Student Accommodation
- Transport Services
- Visa Services
- In-house Engineering laboratory
- Counselling Services
- 24-hour shop
- On-campus cafes and restaurants
- Student services office
- A range of talent-building activities extending from debate, drama, arts and crafts to dance and music run on the campus
General requirements for admission are as follows:
- Secondary School leaving certificate with a minimum GPA of 85% in the qualifying examinations as well as in the required subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- Students who do not meet this requirement may alternatively opt to obtain an Undergraduate Certificate at the University’s International Study Centre with a score of at least 65% to achieve fast-track admission to Level 2 of an undergraduate program at the university
- Completed Application form
- Application fee
- Students should satisfy the English language requirements
- A good honors degree or qualification equivalent in a subject relevant to the desired course
- Completed Application Form
- Students should satisfy the English language requirements.
MBA Program Admissions Requirements
Students are expected to have:
- A first or second-class honors degree or a qualification deemed to be equivalent, or passes in three of the MBA courses (one of which must be a core course)
- A minimum of 4 years' post-qualifying full-time work experience of a responsible nature.
English Language Requirements
If a student’s first language is not English, or his/her first degree was not taught in English, Heriot Watt requires evidence of their English language ability:
- The minimum requirement for English language is IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- Heriot Watt offers a range of English language courses to help students meet the English language requirements
- The equivalent program must have been studied at another recognised university
- Undergraduate students have the opportunity to transfer to the UK campuses at the end of any academic year; postgraduate students can transfer on the successful completion of a semester (minimum of 4 courses)
Students from the UAE can either pay full tuition fee for the academic year in advance or take advantage of the tuition fee instalment payment plan.
All students are charged an application-processing fee of AED300, which is non-refundable and covers the cost of processing the application.
Degree Entry Program (Engineering, Management or Fashion)
School of the Built Environment
School of Engineering & Physical Sciences
School of Life Sciences
School of Management & Languages
(AED68,000 for MSc. Logistics & Supply Chain Management)
School of Mathematical & Computer Sciences
School of Textiles & Design
Edinburgh Business School
AED9,000 per course
Institute of Petroleum Engineering
Bur Dubai, Deira, Karama
Dubai Marina, Al Barsha, Jumeirah, Jebel Ali, Discovery Gardens
Abu Dhabi and Al Ain
Financial Aids And Scholarship
Early Application Scholarship
Offered to students who apply for entry into the September semester before May (deadline subject to change on a yearly basis).
Full Advance Fee Payment Scholarship
Offered to students who pay their entire annual tuition fees a month in advance at the beginning of the program.
Academic Merit Scholarships
Awarded to students who satisfy the established academic criteria on application.
Offered to families who have two or more students from the same immediate family (includes spouses, siblings and parents) enrolled for any undergraduate or postgraduate program (excluding MBA and undergraduate part-time management programs) at the university.
Awarded to first-year students entering an undergraduate program who exhibit exceptional potential or achievements in sports on a national and/or international level.
Student Senate is the mechanism for allowing students a say in current university issues. The Senate chooses a topic of current discussion in the university and canvasses opinion from students.
Student Development Support
Students can join an Academic Scholars group, which runs self-help sessions for fellow students who need extra academic support. Open sessions for student development support are organised to encourage student development and support students in their courses. Workshops range from plagiarism, exam stress management, time management and other developmental areas.
Universities nearby Heriot Watt University - Dubai
|Manipal University - Dubai|
| Manipal University (MU) is the largest private university in India with a student enrolment of more than 25,000 scholars. MU inaugurated its firstMore>>|
|S.P Jain Centre of Management|
| A private business school with campuses in Dubai, Singapore and Australia, the establishment of the S.P. Jain Center of Management dates back to 1981 whenMore>>|
Dubai City Profile
|Location||South east of the Persian Gulf on the Arabian Peninsula|
|Accommodation||Hotels, Apartments/ Flat|
|Transportation||Bus, Taxi, Metro rail, Monorail, Dubai Water Taxi|
|Sightseeings||Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa, Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis|
|Entertainment||Cinema, Bars and Clubs, Dubai Dancing Fountain|
|Events||Dubai Shopping Festival, Dubai Summer Sale, Gitex, Dubai Desert Rock Festival, Dubai International Film Festival|